Imagine getting ready for an important event like a wedding, job promotion party, or high school reunion and looking your best, only to flash a quick smile in the mirror and see your damaged, discolored, or misaligned teeth. Not only can this bring down your confidence when it should be at the highest, but it can also affect your mood and even how you feel about your self-worth. Fortunately, with cosmetic dentistry, you can improve these imperfections and transform your smile into one that you feel proud to let show. Many cosmetic treatments don’t last forever, but with the proper care, you can get the most out of your investment.
How Long Do Cosmetic Treatment Results Last?
The length of your cosmetic dentistry results will depend on a couple of different factors, including how well you maintain your smile and what type of treatment you receive. Here are some average lifespans of some of the most popular cosmetic treatments:
- Invisalign results will last a lifetime with proper retainer usage after your treatment. These appliances help keep your teeth in alignment by preventing them from gradually shifting back into their normal positions.
- Teeth whitening results can last for up to a year before needing to be touched-up or redone.
- Porcelain veneers can last for up to 25 years with the proper care. These restorations are stain-resistant as well, allowing them to maintain their bright appearance, even after years of use.
- Dental bonding results can last for an average of seven years with good oral hygiene.
- Metal-free dental crowns can last for between five and 15 years, based on your oral hygiene routine.
How Can You Get the Most Out of Cosmetic Dentistry?
The best way to make sure that you’ll enjoy your treatment results for as long as possible is to maintain good oral hygiene and break any bad habits that may compromise your newly improved smile. Here are some general ways to keep your smile bright and damage-free after dental treatments:
- Visit your dentist every six months for checkups and cleanings to prevent severe oral health problems from developing.
- Brush twice a day and floss once a day at home to prevent plaque and tartar accumulation.
- Wear a protective mouthguard if you play sports. If you grind your teeth in your sleep, consider investing in a nightguard.
- Minimize your consumption of stain-causing foods and beverages, like tomato-based sauces and red wine.
- Only use ADA-approved products and treatments, including toothpastes and mouthwashes.
The key to getting the most out of your treatment results is taking care of your smile. So long as you do, you can dawn a grin that you feel comfortable and happy to show the world!
About the Practice
At Buda Dental Professionals, our team is led by three passionate and skilled dentists with collective decades of experience under their belts. Drs. Strickland, Taylor, and Carlyon regularly complete continuing education courses so they can continue providing their patients with top-tier cosmetic dentistry, including veneers, teeth whitening, and Invisalign. They love being able to help their patients unlock their fullest potential by providing them with treatment results that are tailored to meet their unique wishes and goals. For questions or to schedule a consultation, visit our website or call 512-295-5555.