Veneers – Buda, TX
Light Up the Room With Every Smile
Is there something about your smile you don’t like? Whether you have one oddly-shaped tooth or a variety of dental flaws, feeling self-conscious about the appearance of your smile can have a significant impact on your everyday life! You deserve to have a smile that you’re proud to show off, and with veneers in Buda, we can help you do just that! Veneers from our Buda cosmetic dentist are arguably the most comprehensive option for redesigning the appearance of your pearly whites. Read on to learn more about this popular cosmetic service, and give us a call today to schedule your consultation and discover if veneers are right for you!
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells made of dental porcelain that are used to cover the frontward-facing surface of the teeth, the part that you see when you smile. They are conservative by design but offer superior esthetics and significant strength allowing for a longevity that can last for decades. As they are made of porcelain, they will not succumb to stains over time and will look virtually indistinguishable from a natural healthy tooth.
They are a fantastic option to improve the appearance of your smile. By design, you can use them to change the shape, size, and color of your teeth. Oftentimes, veneers are used to address teeth that are:
- Minorly chipped or cracked
- Have slight spaces or gaps between them
- Are stained or discolored
- Appear slightly crooked or uneven
- Are naturally small or misshapen
The Process of Getting Veneers
In order to have porcelain veneers placed, your bite and tooth alignment must be in a favorable position to avoid damaging the dental restorations. That’s why your first step towards getting veneers will be to come see us for a consultation. One of our highly experienced cosmetic dentists will discuss your goals for your smile with you and evaluate your oral health. From here, we can determine if veneers are the best way to help you achieve the results you’re looking for.
If veneers are right for you, we will begin by preparing the selected tooth or teeth. This will involve removing an ultra- thin layer of enamel, then an impression or scan is taken. This information will be sent to a local dental lab where it will be used as a blueprint for your veneers. In the meantime, temporary dental veneers made out of acrylic will be put on the prepared teeth to keep them safe and comfortable. When we receive your final veneers, we’ll call you back to our office for your second appointment. We’ll remove your temporary veneers and bond your permanent veneers into place.
Benefits of Veneers
Veneers are one of our most popular cosmetic services, and it’s easy to see why! They offer several great benefits, such as:
- Versatility: Veneers can be used on one or more teeth, and can be used to correct a wide variety of dental imperfections.
- Beautiful & natural appearance: Dental porcelain is well-known for its ability to mimic the appearance of natural tooth enamel, all the way down to how it reflects natural light. Once in place, no one will be able to tell your veneers apart from natural teeth.
- Durable and stain-resistant: Dental porcelain is also very strong. Not only will it withstand daily chewing, but it is stain-resistant, so you can continue to enjoy beverages like coffee and wine.
- Long-lasting results: Veneers are easy to care for, and with the proper maintenance, they can last for 30 years!