Dental Crowns–Buda, TX
Rebuild a Beautiful Smile
Dental crowns have held commonplace in dentistry for generations because of their diversity. Placing a customized crown over a tooth for an added layer of protection or to repair any damage, like a large break. Our office uses all ceramic materials to create durable, natural-looking restorations. Your dentist at Buda Dental Professionals will create the high-quality crown you need using the latest advancements in dentistry.
Why Choose Buda Dental Professionals for Dental Crowns?
- Variety of Natural-Looking Materials Available
- Fully Customized Restorations
- Detailed, Comprehensive Treatment Plans
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a customized cap that's bonded over the surface of a tooth above the gum line. Crowns are used in restorative dentistry to prepare a tooth that has significant decay or damage, like a fracture. However, they can also be used along with other procedures, like after root canal therapy or to hold a bridge in place. The versatile restoration can also protect a weakened tooth from breaking. Thanks to all-ceramic materials, they can improve the appearance of an abnormally shaped tooth, cover dark discoloration, or fix other aesthetic flaws. Your crown is made using an impression of your mouth to ensure it fits like a glove. Advanced technology will ensure the correct fit to feel natural. With the right aftercare, your restoration can last for a decade or more.
The Dental Crown Process
After any preliminary treatments, like root canal therapy, your dentist will prepare your tooth for the restoration. It will need to be reshaped to allow your crown to fit over it snugly. Once your tooth has been prepared, your dentist will take an impression of your mouth to get the measurements necessary to create your crown to mimic your real tooth. They will bond a temporary crown over it to protect your tooth because the impression must be sent to the dental lab. It can take the lab a couple of weeks to fabricate your restoration. After it has been sent back to our office, you'll return for your second appointment to have your permanent crown bonded in place. You will walk out of our office with a healthy, beautiful smile using a solution that can last for many years with the proper care, like brushing and flossing.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
Although there are more treatments than ever before, crowns continue to rank among the most popular procedures. They offer exceptional benefits, including:
- Look Natural: Modern restorations are metal free, providing a biocompatible solution. All-ceramic materials create a crown to look like a real tooth to blend in with any natural teeth.
- Feel Natural: Although your crown won't be made of any metals, it will be strong to feel like a natural tooth.
- Durable: Crowns are made from durable materials that are designed to withstand the test of time, so you can enjoy all your favorite foods.
- Affordable: When needed for medically necessary reasons, crowns can be covered by dental insurance. After meeting your annual deductible, your benefits can cover a portion of the expense, depending on your insurance plan.
- Long-Lasting: You won't have to budget for replacements often because the average lifespan of a crown is about 10 years, but it's not unusual for them to last for much longer.
If you need a dental crown, don't settle for less than the best. Request an appointment through our website or call (512) 295-5555.